Hello all!
I made a rather big decision recently to run the mini marathon on April 28th! There were several different reasons why I thought it would be a good thing to try to do and among these were having a better class schedule this coming semester, and not being as involved as I have been in my sorority.
I found myself thinking about what I would do with all of the free time I was bound to have with my open calendar! Almost immediately getting in shape became a goal. Working out has always been one of the things I have had to push aside, because of my classes and involvement. I operate on goals and deadlines otherwise things don’t get done, so signing up for the mini has given me a date that I have to work towards!
I would like you all to keep in mind that the last time I ran outside for any period of time was in high school, and my last time on a treadmill was over two years ago. I have never participated in sports unless you count marching band, and the maximum I have run at one time has been two laps around a parking lot. Along with my inexperience I started a battle with muscle and joint problems a couple years ago. So consider me a clean slate!
I am fortunate enough to have friends who want to train and run the race too. It’s a good thing because I already draw inspiration from them, so I know they will be great motivators!
This blog’s purpose is to mark my journey publically, and I also have a hope to get others off Facebook and Pinterest (two of my favorite things) and get active by showing that anyone can do it if I can!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment