Tuesday,
December 6th: I didn’t work out on Monday, because my right ankle
was bothering me again. I listened to what the doctor said and didn’t push it,
but I didn’t say I was happy about it! I remembered how excited I was about
hitting half of a mile, and wanted to keep that up. During the last part of my
walking warm up my calves felt really tight, so I took more time walking to
make sure I prepped them enough to run. I hit half a mile again! I took more
time walking afterwards to make sure my claves weren’t going to give me
problems later, so that brought my total time to an hour and ten minutes and my
distance was 3.3 miles.
Wednesday,
December 7th: I decided to try to add in jogging to my little
routine today, just to see if it helped or not. I don’t know if I was doing it
wrong or what, but it hurt more to jog than to run! So I won’t be doing that
again, unless I really am doing something wrong and get shown a different way.
I ran half a mile again, and still feel so accomplished! I am making a goal to
go a little bit farther tomorrow, no matter how small the increase, and can’t
wait to give it a try! I have just been having this great feeling like I can do
anything right after I run while I’m cooling down, so I hope that will help
push me. My distance today was 3.2 miles in an hour.
Thursday,
December 8th: The strategy going into this workout was to not look
at my distance while I was running. My thought was that if I didn’t know how
long I had left I would go farther. I told myself at the beginning of the song
I was listening to when I started to run that I could look at my distance at
the end of it. I was close to half of a mile at the end of it, so I kept going
and told myself the same thing for the next song. At the end of that one I had
run 0.66 miles instead of just half, success! I tell you what though, I have
never wanted J. Cole’s “Work Out” to end faster! It was definitely a good way
to go about increasing my distance for me, so I will be doing it again for
sure.
I
am going home tomorrow for Christmas break, and hope the treadmill still works.
I swear it hasn’t been used in at least fifteen years! I am still learning what
my body can do, and what it can’t. I am also learning that this is all way more
mental than physical- case and point with me running longer today.
I
see any increase in my working out, no matter how small, a success and hope to
keep it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment